According to a survey by Aflac Insurance company, 1 in 2 American adults admit to avoiding important health screenings.
Many men assume they’re healthier than others, which makes them feel yearly screenings are not necessary for them. In general, a lack of awareness, unhealthy lifestyles, and poor health education have contributed to the decline of the well-being of American men.
- Men have a life expectancy of 76.1, whereas women average 81.1
- Approximately 41.6% of men age 20 and over are obese
- And 50.5% of men age 18 and over have hypertension
Some of the most common health conditions in men such as diabetes, liver disease, cancer, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure may have little or no symptoms. This means unless they are discovered in a routine screening with your medical professional, these conditions can go undetected for months or even years if they are not diagnosed.
The good news is there are several steps you can do to take charge of your health:
- Keep up to date with regular checkups and get screening tests to check for health problems before you have symptoms
- Eat healthy and stay active
- Quit smoking
Make your health a priority and schedule your yearly exam today at one of our convenient urgent care centers.
Men, good health and peak performance start with annual check-ups and screenings. Our providers can help you stay informed and on top of your health. Walk in or reserve a time with Hold My Spot.