Soaring temperatures + more daylight = more time to be outdoors!
Don’t let a summer injury stall your time in the sun. Practice these safety tips as your family enjoys the summertime.
- Drink plenty of water so you don’t get dehydrated.
- Go inside if you get too hot. It’s easy to get overheated during the summer.
- Make sure an adult is watching every time kids are in or near water. Non-swimmers should ALWAYS wear a life jacket in pools, lakes or oceans.
- Stretch before exercising to reduce the risk of sprains or strains.
- Use bug repellent to ward off biting and stinging bugs.
- Use protective gear, such as helmets and pads, when you’re riding bikes, scooters or skateboards.
- Wear sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 30. Reapply it every two hours.
Being prepared for summer fun can also help you prevent some of summer’s most common injuries. Check out our infographic to learn more about what you should pack in your bag as you get ready for fun in the sun.