A brain injury needs prompt diagnosis and treatment. But it’s not always easy to detect. That’s why it’s important to get any head injury checked, even if you think you’re okay.
Fortunately, we can now screen for concussions and other serious brain injuries right here at our center, with an innovative new device called the BrainScope® One. A BrainScope One head injury assessment is:
• Fast. An assessment usually takes 20-30 minutes.
• Patient-Friendly. It’s non-invasive and radiation free.
• Accurate & Comprehensive. BrainScope One is the only device that objectively assesses the entire spectrum of brain injury – including concussions.
• Convenient. Reduces the wait time, expense and stress of a typical ER visit.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A provider will discuss your injury and symptoms with you, then place a disposable BrainScope One headset on your head. The device will measure your brain’s electrical activity and neurocognitive function. Using a handheld portable screen, the provider will review your data to answer two key questions:
- Is it likely that there’s a structural brain injury that would be visible on a CT scan?
- Is there evidence of functional abnormality that would indicate a concussion?
Depending on those results, you may be referred for proper treatment or further tests.
Get the answers you need. We’re here for you when you need peace of mind.